2020 Snow Conference
April 19–22, 2020
Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland
300 Lakeside Ave E
Cleveland, OH 44113
APWA’s goal for the Snow Education Program is to create an event where you can make meaningful connections and discover and produce game-changing insights and solutions.
APWA knows the challenges and opportunities facing public works are unprecedented. The speed of social and technological change places an enormous responsibility on you to proactively provide and maintain the infrastructure needed for your community’s growth and well-being.
You need a Snow experience that will help you gain new perspectives, exchange ideas and participate in important and thought-provoking discussions on the shape of things to come.
We need you to arrive in Cleveland prepared to ask the essential questions and share your views and ideas. Start thinking now about:
- What challenge are you facing that a solution seems out-of-reach?
- What leadership qualities, skills, and resources are needed to lead and manage the modern public works department?
- What innovations and solutions has your agency implemented that would help the whole profession provide better public works services?
- What are your blind spots? Are you open to fresh and broader perspectives?
- What is your vision for the future of public works?
- Can innovation be learned?
- What’s coming? Do you have any hunches or visions for what the next technological advancement will be?
- How should we be providing public works infrastructure and services that are resilient and sustainable?
- Don’t stop there – what else is on your mind? We’re counting on you to show up eager to ask smart questions and to join your colleagues in imagining the future your communities deserve!
APWA is committed to helping you learn from each other, and the Snow 2020 Education Program will include opportunities for you to make intentional connections.
.1 CEU = 1 PDH (Professional Development Hour)
Education sessions of at least 50 minutes are eligible for Continuing Education Units (CEUs). The CEU is a nationally accepted measure of participation in continuing education activities. By obtaining CEUs, you demonstrate to your employer that you are learning new skills and keeping current with changes in the industry. The American Public Works Association has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). A CEU Request form has been placed in each registration bag.
The Professional Development Hour (PDH) is a term established by the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) “Continuing Professional Competency Guidelines” for Professional Engineers (PE). In these guidelines, NCEES defines the equivalency between CEUs and PDHs as: 0.1 CEU (1 hour of instruction) = 1 PDH. (Important note to Florida and New York Professional Engineers: APWA is an approved Florida Board of Professional Engineers provider of Continuing Education. The State of New York recognizes APWA as an approved training provider by virtue of APWA’s standing as an IACET Authorized Provider of CEUs.)
To receive CEUs, the assigned room volunteer must validate CEU Request forms at the conclusion of each eligible session. Only participants that have attended the entire session will receive validation; without validation, the form is invalid. Participants can submit them via mail after the conference. APWA Members do not need to pay for CEU registration; however, participants that are not APWA Members must pay a fee of $20 USD for the cost of CEU registration. Individuals will be notified via email when CEU Transcripts have been processed and are available for secure download via APWA’s website.
You must log in before registering online. The Sign In page will ask for your APWA username and password. If you do not have an APWA account, you can create one (there is no cost and you do not need to be a member of APWA). If you do not know your username or password, there is also an option to recover them.