October 13, 2020
VDOT Northern Va. District Office
4975 Alliance Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030
The Locally Administered Project Qualification Program is broken in to two courses, each with a series of online modules. The first course is Program Development and the second course is Project Management.
The Program Development series of modules will be helpful to LPAs in understanding VDOT’s approach to locally administered projects. The modules in this section are focused on overall program development that addresses roles and responsibilities, qualifications, and project initiation and details requirements for federal-funded projects.
The Project Management series of modules is focused on project management and provides guidance for project development and construction. These modules also address standards and practices for functional areas that cut across phases of project delivery including: civil rights, environmental, right of way, and financial management.
Please note: All Program Development and Project Management modules include online components that must be completed prior to attending the in-person Project Management classroom session. Instructions for accessing online materials will be provided to you by email.
Walter C. Catlett
Mr. Catlett brings over 25 years of experience in urban drainage and stormwater management. As a member of the American Concrete Pipe Association, he has designed, specified, manufactured and installed both flexible and rigid pipe systems. He provides education and technical assistance on proper installation of storm drainage products to contractors, consultants, local agencies and state DOTs. He serves on Virginia’s Local Transportation Assistance Program (LTAP) Advisory Board. He also serves on the Arkansas Department of Transportation’s Research Advisory Council. He has a B.S. in Civil Engineering from Texas A&M University in College Station, TX and a Master of Strategic Studies from the U.S. Army War College in Carlisle Barracks, PA. Mr. Catlett served in the United States Marine Corps and United States Army Reserves for a combined 30 years.
- Currently working as a Subject Matter Expert on Planning & Procurement for the University of Virginia Tribal Technical Assistance Program
- 2 years as State Coordinator for Oklahoma Traffic Incident Management Program
- 4 years as Public Assistance Deputy for Oklahoma Emergency Management
- 1 year as Criminal Justice & Emergency Planning Director for Texoma Council of Government
- 5 years as Community & Economic Development Director for Southern Oklahoma Development Association
- Has been the Owner/Consultant for Winning Strategies for 20 years. Services provided include Grant Writing/Grant Administration & Management; Fund Raising consulting; Seminars/Training
- Written and received in excess of $24.5 million for rural communities in Oklahoma, Texas, and Tennessee
- Author of the DVD “Grantwriting 101” produced through Penwell Educational Books and Videos, distributed worldwide
- Served 3 years as a Reserve Deputy for Seminole County Sheriff’s Department; Butner School Board Member for 10 years; and speaker for Victim’s Impact Panel for 21 years
- But the accomplishment that I’m most proud of is being a mother of 6 children, 22 grandchildren and 5 great-grandchildren
Registration and Payment
The following registration fees cover the session, all course materials and meals:
Click here for UVA TTA's general registration information, cancellation policy, and refund policy. UVA TTA accepts the following credit cards: American Express, VISA, MasterCard, and Discover. Credit card information cannot be taken over the phone. Alternatively, after registering you can print out a voucher to send in with your payment. After you have completed the transaction you will receive an automatically generated email confirming registration and payment if applicable. Final confirmation and instructions will be sent out during the week prior to the class date.Don't have access to a computer? to get a paper registration form (PDF). Print it out, complete it, and email, mail or FAX it to our office following the instructions on the form. Include your check or government purchase order with your registration form. Please note that emailed or faxed-in registration forms will be considered as a "provisional booking" until payment is received. For more information, call our office at (434) 982-2897, fax at (434) 982-2856 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Registration Instructions for Employees of the Virginia Department of Transportation
VDOT employees must register through the VDOT Virtual Campus. Registration fees and related expenses for all VDOT employees will be paid from the VDOT Learning Services Center budget. Registrants should contact their District Training Coordinator or the VDOT Learning Services Center (Central Office employees) for instructions on how to seek reimbursement for travel expenses.
Due to current travel restrictions, VDOT employees are strongly encouraged to attend U. Va. TTA workshops on a day trip basis. Overnight travel requires permission from your District Administrator or Chief -- and in some cases higher levels of authority. If you require overnight lodging to attend a U. Va. TTA workshop, consult with your supervisor, District Training Coordinator, or VDOT Learning Services Center on travel approval procedures.